People have been wearing jewellery for over the centuries to enhance their overall look or to make a fashion statement. While trends come and go, there are still some basic guidelines which are timeless. One of the most important things to remember is that you need to be aware of what is considered perfection for each situation and choose your jewellery accordingly.
Fashionistas know that accessorizing with jewellery can take an outfit from boring to one that will catch everyone’s eye. Just to make sure that the attention you’re getting is positive. The right accessories will always enhance your overall look and provide the fashion statement you want to project, but if you aren’t careful, you might destroy your appearance or distract from your wonderful personality.
Many people may claim that “less is more,” but it isn’t always correct. There is some times when you should wear accessories which sparkle and shine; the key element is to know when that perfect time is.
Some jewellery is perfectly acceptable to wear all the time. For married women, one such item is the wedding band or the ring. If you like to keep track of time, and you prefer not to use mobile for that purpose, a wristwatch is always acceptable. A simple keepsake necklace or a pendant is another jewellery piece like toe ring that can be worn most of the time.
When you choose women jewellery to wear to work, you should be careful. One should choose or select pieces that aren’t distracting or noisy. You can still show your individuality, but don’t wear anything which might offend the higher-ups or clients. Never wear heavy jewellery to your workplace.
Here are some dos and don’ts for office jewellery:
- In a conservative office, it’s a good idea to stick to stud earrings and a simple necklace that matches your outfit.
- In a less conservative office, you can wear stud earrings or small hoops, but be careful that they don’t sparkle too brightly or make noise when you move.
- In a more creative environment, larger earrings are acceptable, but it’s still a good idea to select those that aren’t noisy and shiny or you’ll distract others. You never want to be that annoying person who jingles and jangles when they walk down the hall.
- Don’t blind your colleagues with extra-large rhinestones. Save the flash for party hours.
- Don’t wear noisy bracelets to the office. Stacking bangles or bracelets which clang against your desk when you’re at the keyboard can annoy your colleagues or boss.
- When you’re not sure if you’re wearing too much jewellery to the office, go with the minimal pieces possible. The perfect guide of office jewellery is that it’s okay to wear a anklet bracelet, a ring, a pair of earrings, and a necklace. Anything more than that will be too much for most work environments.
When your office hour’s end and you’re going to a friend’s party on a Friday night, almost anything goes. If you enjoy clanging bangles and blinding bling, this is the time to wear it. Party doesn’t have any specific rules so go for what you want to wear.